Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Let's hang...


Monday was Memorial day, which meant hanging out at my sister's home for the family barbecue. "Hanging out" took on a whole new meaning. My nephew, Joel, is quite the energetic 10 year old. And he likes challenges galore. I'm game for most challenges. He started with arm wrestling. "It's easy to beat a girl! Wanna see me beat you!" "Bahahahaha! Sure. You can try," I said. See his face in the middle right.

Later came, "You should try hanging from the bar!" I considered it. And did it! 5 times. With flips to dismount (primarily so I didn't fall on my head). Of course when I did the hanging I had to challenge the boys to do it too. Josh tried so hard but was afraid to go backwards.

But what is amazing about this– last year at memorial day – the arm wrestling I would have done. But there's no way I would have had strength to hang upside down or flip. It feels incredible knowing that I can do these challenges and keep up with everyone. Last memorial day I took the picture that is on the bottom middle. I thought I looked great! I did in comparison to when I started my weight loss journey in January. But now I'm standing on swings, hanging up side down, being an acrobat and having a blast!


No comments: