"How'd you sleep last night?"Countless times, conversations just like this have happened between my mother and I. She's learned that when I've said I had a dream, she probably doesn't want to know it because my dreams are...bizarre to say the least.
"Meh. I had an odd dream."
"Do I want to know? No, I'll answer that myself. I don't."
"In this one..."
"I don't want to know."
"Yes. You do."
"No. I don't."
"I'm telling you anyhow."
For example:
- 1,000's Whales flying Free Willy Style over a road that my family's car was traveling.
- Being operated on while awake.
- Tidal waves that I was able to dive under and survive.
- Gunman chases.
- Being thrown from moving cars.
Honestly, my dreams are not really on the pleasant side often. I have to be careful what I watch and read before bed sometimes.
Lately, I've been having loads of dreams that are reoccurring. Near crashes are involved. I’ve had many where a car I’m driving has nearly smashed into to the back of a truck. I had one where I was on a bicycle on a highway that had a tunnel and I crashed into the wall and caused other vehicles to also crash. And recently there was a near plane crash that the plane was going down over the ancient ruins of Israel and Petra, but landed like the Hudson river crash- all safe and sound with no injuries.
Besides the crashes, another reoccurring dream is that I’m travelling in a car at high speeds. Sometimes I’m driving; sometimes I’m a passenger in a car without a driver, and the car speeds along, weaving through traffic. Whenever I’ve tried to stop the car the brakes fail. Or if I try to turn the car onto a safer road it will just swerve back onto the road I’ve been travelling. Once or twice, once I’ve tried to turn, the car just spins around and begins going backwards but traveling the same direction I’d been going, still at high speed.
I believe that dreams have meanings. Reoccurring dreams must to some degree. Yet, I’m definitely not a dream interpreter. I have my ideas.
I’m curious. What do you think? I’m sure my mother thinks she didn’t want to know these dreams either.
No comments:
Post a Comment