Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Homesick..

It doesn't happen a lot, but today I'm a bit homesick.  I wear a navy jersy-knit dress, gray leggings, navy and pink floral wellie boots, and a moustached print scarf. It's 2:30 pm and I'm trying to stay warm and dry from the rain pouring down outside and the 54º (12ºC)  weather. It's July. It should be warmer.

There's a heat wave in Arizona where my home base is now. They're getting 115-120º (46º-48ºC) and would call me crazy for wanting to be in it.  But I want to smell the sun on my skin, and feel the dry hot breeze across my face.

Picture from Tammy Kleck
I want tortilla chips accompanied by bowl of my friend Jen's fresh guacamole and salsa. I want to drink Boba tea with Danielle. I want to sit pool side while my nephews beg me to swim with them. I want to see all the babies born to my friends while I've been in Northern Ireland. I want to be a bbq with the friends of my small group. I want pizza and pepsi with my mom, and coffee at a diner with my dad. There are so many other events I wish I could do today.

There are red white and blue flags flying here, but they're the wrong ones. I want to see the one to the right.


Tomorrow I'll be fine I'm sure, but today good ol' Uncle Sam is calling.

No comments: