Tuesday, February 12, 2008

the new night time soundtrack of my life

Growing up in a small town in New England, you grow accustomed to night time silence. There were times were I refused to go outside at night because with the lack of light, my hearing senses got the best of my imagination. Oh yes, I swore I heard animals growling behind me, or someone crawling around in the bushes.

Then I move to San Diego.. still relatively quiet, adding the noise of college students going crazy on campus...and the sounds of airplanes reverberating off of city buildings and the harbor. It was still a little noisier moving to North park. I could hear a few more sirens. I would laugh when a police helicopter would come around because my roommate would be afraid. But those helicopters weren't hugely common.

Now in Los Angeles..I have spent the last 3 nights falling asleep to my new soundtrack... hours of the droning of the Police helicopters over head, and sirens, and the freeway one block away.

so thinking back to when I was too afraid to be outside in the silence and dark of the forrested town of my youth, it is now the only place I wish I could be for a night.

No comments: