Sunday, June 15, 2008

Learning to fly.

Life seems suspended for me right now as I am approaching the end of the third month being in Arizona. I am in a holding pattern for everything and I am waiting for the people on the ground to start waving their batons directing me to land safely between the neon purple lights on the runway. Right now I'm still content and feeling that there is bad timing for other things that keep me from going down, but I wonder when I am going to tired of this. sometimes I think I have already.

When I moved here, there was possibilties visible on the horizons of jobs, love, family ties, new adventure and more. Those are diming.

This is new and challenging. I like new. I like challenges. and if any of you know me well enough, you know that I tie my life to song lyrics, like I'm always trying to find a soundtrack to my life like the movies. Currently, welcome Mr. Tom Petty and "I'm learning to fly but I ain't got wings. Comin down is the hardest thing" I can't see far in the future. Only about 30 seconds ahead if that. but I keep my head up and I am just trying to learn to fly right now in this unknown desert.

Maybe one day I land that job interview and I'll hear back "you've got the job", and maybe let's just be friends will turn to more as I. And as my friendships hear grow, I continue to miss those of my past homes. I'll get to land soon hopefully, but I am realizing my earlier statement is a mix of false and truth. I know timing isn't right yet, but coming down is the hardest thing.

1 comment:

The Four on Board said...

GIRL! how are you??? you need to post pictures on your blog :)