Thursday, June 19, 2008

Where are these animals coming from

Oh about two/three weeks ago now I went to the Phoenix Zoo for a new adventure in this wonderful city. And I went with someone who, believe it or not, does not recall ever going to a zoo in all his 29 years. Well, let me tell you with free passes, I couldn't resist the urge to bring him. All he wanted was to see a monkey. Well that we did. The zoo was sort of interesting, because it being in the desert... it obviously has more animals that can handle that type of climate... no polar bears like San Diego.

Any how... it was a lot of fun... as we walked though we had the discussion of the types of animals we grew up watching... him being from Texas, cattle and horses, armadillos were top of the list... Me from New England. Well in my own backyard there were deer, fox, squirrels, chipmunks. But I like to highlight that I've seen a moose and bear before too... Any how... all that to say... I saw some animals in the last few days in my new backyard that never would I think I would have seen... a foot long lizard, yeah, I wasn't getting close enough to see it. A vulcher, a jackrabbit, a quail(I didn't think these really existed) and I'm pretty sure I saw a mix of a spider and a scorpion... it was too small to tell which of the two it really was.

I'm a huge fan of zoos, because you can see animals but with no worries of interaction between them and myself. They are fun, and educational, and I'm safe. Aquariums I still don't feel safe in, but thats a whole different issue. But when my dwelling space mixes with vulcher.... NOT a fan. Lets keep the doors shut. I like watching God's creation, but lets keep our distance please.

No comments: