Oh my! June was a rough month dealing with planning for Northern Ireland. Now it is a week into July and I feel like it is letting up. Well, I am praying fervently that it is letting up. Thank you for joining me with all of your thoughts and prayers as well.It was a rough road as I was looking through all of the materials I needed to apply for my Visa. Going as a student to the UK there is a need to provide financial statements (bank statements or loan documents). There was a mix up on information and a delay for getting it resolved with my school. I went into slight panic mode when I thought I had passed the date for some of the items and my contact at the school was on holiday for the entire month of June. No, it was more a full-blown panic mode. It started a merry-go-round of emails if anyone beside this one contact could help, but in the end no one could.
At the same time, we were going through quite the change in my office. If you remember a previous post, the owner of the company I work for suddenly passed away in April. It brought a lot of uncertainty and a drop in morale for the company. In June I braced myself for losing my job. Praise God for all employees are jobs are now safe and morale is rising (a few key potlucks helped that)
But with your prayers I was able to calm down. Calm down not slow down. Ha! I don't slow down. I'm not sure I know the meaning of the phrase. I threw in a week of Vacation Bible School in there too, which really was a great distraction for me as I waited on school info.
Last week, after almost a month, I was able to get some paperwork done that was necessary for school and my funding. It's turned in but I'm a player the waiting game again. I still need to wait on this before I can apply for my Visa and before I can move forward with other items as well.
In the mean time, I'm still selling more and more items out of my apartment and I am constantly in limbo. When I think of cooler weather and a more settled life, it seems like I have a lot of time left before I go. Yet, the days are flying by and I'm trying to spend as much time as I can with all of those I love here. Putting life on hold here for an indefinite amount of time requires much more detail than you would think too.
If your prayers could continue, I ask for prayers in these areas:
- Clear communication- between myself, the Uni. of Ulster, UK Border Agency for all of the upcoming processes I must go through for school.
- Intentional, well spent time with my family and friends.
- Finances- That everything is provided as necessary.
- My health- My nagging ear is driving me crazy with pain and pressure.
- A deepening yearning to be in God's presence and be awakened to his Kingdom.
- Increased flexibility in all situations being thrown my way.
- A focus of what God is leading me to.
I was reminded last night, by one of the Pastor & wife teams from my church, that following God takes risk. This morning I was listening to a sermon that said the same thing. EMBRACE RISK! I want to risk it all for my love of God. I enjoy Philippians 4 because in the small collection of verse it hits on so many different aspects of faith and risk and living life worthy of God. These verses have repeatedly been comfort to me. So I'll leave you with one verse that is particularly valid in the last few weeks:
And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:13
No comments:
Post a Comment