Just before 8:30am, instead of Sherri walking in with a bright smile stopping at every desk to say good morning to us individually, her husband Jim walked in. He gathered us all together in the conference room and broke the tragic news. Sherri was in a tragic car accident, and while in the emergency surgery it caused she passed away.
I am in shock. All of us are. It seems unreal. Our office is a 9 person family and the family is facing tragedy.
But I opened my bible and read this.
For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. ~Ephesians 3:14-19God is here. I don't know what my future holds. But I know who holds my future.
Thank you Sherri May for the impact you made in my life.
*** Addendum since the post this morning***
A second shock came just hours after hearing about Sherri. I had a missed phone call from Helena, one of my best friends since I was in 6th grade. And I had a text from my mother asking if I had spoken with her. I, immediately went in to panic mode. What had happened?
Last week her father had suddenly gone in for heart surgery, but it ended up only being stents and he was home the very next day. But sadly this morning he collapsed and did not survive.
Joe. The big loveable Italian man. He played Caesar in the Easter plays. He made jokes with his kids and about his kids. He let us eat ice cream for free at the shop he owned. He was always at his kids lacrosse games even in the rain. He slept on the big green velour sofa in what looked like the most uncomfortable positions. He spoke with his hands and looked over the top of his glasses. I can't think of high school memories with out having his face etched into many of them.
Thank you Mr. I for being like a second father to me. You were a good man!
No comments:
Post a Comment