Monday, April 4, 2011

Milestone Week

Ok. I've talked a lot about the changes that are happening in my heart and my locale (or the future locale). But these aren't the only big things I am tackling daily. I have been struggling with weight for my entire life, but in January 2010 I enrolled in Weight Watchers to begin a change. It's been an eye opening experience. It's VERY hard. There is temptation left and right. But perseverance is worth the effort.

64 weeks later. I have hit a huge milestone! I went to my Thursday meeting on March 31 and learned I had surpassed 75 pounds that I have lost! WOOHOO!! 

Also today, as I logged onto my WW E-tools, I have seen that today begins the 6week Walk-!T/Run-!T 5K Challenge. And I say why not? I recently ran 5K on a treadmill with out stopping or slowing down. This is a huge feat from before, but I've never done it outside. I find it a bit more difficult to run outside. The ground is un-level. It's easier to stop because the ground beneath me isn't moving. It is more effort to measure the distance. Insert the multiple excuses I've come up with before. 

But the reality is - the weather is perfect now. In 6 weeks, unfortunately in Arizona we may start seeing high temps that will make this uncomfortable. I'm in the best shape I've ever been. And this is only going to further me to my goals.

So- Sir yes sir! I will take the 5K Challenge and I will conquer it!



November 7, 2009

April 3, 2011

No comments: