Friday, August 19, 2011

Patience is ...


I saw this quote this morning at the most awesome time.

8:10ish. A few minutes after I sat at my desk at work. My computer had booted up, and I was logging into to my email, facebook, and other social media sites. As my GMail loaded I was praying. "Lord, please let there be a good email this Friday to make up for last Friday." Last Friday, my inbox had the letter that my visa to enter the UK as a student was at risk of being revoked. Scanning the list of new emails I recognized an email address. The address.  The UK BA Visa Office.

My visa has been approved! It's 5 hours later now, and I'm still full of energy. (OK, 5 cups of coffee is adding to it). God answers prayers. Eeeek! He's so good and faithful.

He asks us to be patient and wait on Him. It is such hard work to do that. For me, I am a planner, a go-getter, a "let's move" type of person, so I find it extremely difficult sometimes. Yet, over and over again he's told me to slow down to wait on him.

I switched over to Facebook to post a new status that my visa had been approved so all of those who've been praying with me would share in the great news. As I looked down in the newest feeds, I saw the above quote from Audrey Assad, a singer and songwriter that I inspires me. It was a gentle reminder that when we wait on the Lord, it is infinitely worth the work.

If you've never listened to Audrey, take the opportunity now.

No comments: