Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A drive around Derry.



All right! My UKBA visa was delivered last night and I did a little happy dance. Today marks 3 weeks and I will be in Northern Ireland. I'm getting down to the wire to get projects, packing, visiting, and other details completed. The list grows. It gets smaller. It grows and I throw things out that I'm realizing just aren't important.

God has been utterly amazing. At every turn, I see his calming presence. I was checking something on Facebook today and in the right column, I see a blurb (to the right) that I apparently wrote on this day last year. I remember finding that quote and knowing it spoke the very words of God into my soul. At that time, I'm not sure I had even began to think going back to Northern Ireland was even the slightest possibility. Is not it wonderful that we don't always know the plans God has for us.

As I get closer to my leave date, my heart is desiring more and more to see how I can be made available both here and in Northern Ireland to see God's Kingdom move. A pastor recently gave a message at my church about living as a person with presence. "The best place to be is where your two feet are planted. " God has us where he wants us, and He may simultaneously, be moving us to another location.

God is doing amazing things with in my church, especially with the youth and I desire to see that fire continue. I am trying to have as much time as possible with that before I go. A wave is changing the face of Vineyard Community Church in Gilbert, AZ. However, in that change is myself stepping away and that is hard to grasp in the past couple of days.

As I struggle with one, I’m hopeful for another.
 

When I was in Coleraine last summer, one event that we did really struck me was the prayer walk. On the walk, we went through the town and prayed for businesses, homes, and public areas. Then we prayed for the people who would fill all of those spaces. I recently found a video on YouTube that is a driving tour of Derry, the city that I'll be located in. It was both awesome seeing more of where I will be (and will give you that insight too), but it also gives me a head start to pray for more places that are specific.



No comments: