Hi all. This isn't like most of my blog posts. It's maybe a little more gloomy. But to connect you all with where I am here goes...
Lessons I've learned so far in Northern Ireland:
1. Life with out socks is no longer an option for me.
2. I may give up coffee for tea because it just isn't the same... it's a dreadful thought to me though.
3. I need shoes will amazing grip because the hills are steep here and when ice comes I don't want to break my neck.
4. God is absolutely amazing and faithful and my source of strength.
I'm really sorry that there has been such a lack of communication. It is a huge adjustment being here. And it's been really really rough actually. Traveling without my own computer is incredibly tough! I didn't realize how connected to technology I am.
The first two days with I was with my friend Sam and they were great. I was able to see some friends and hang out along the beach the very first day. Then things went a bit downhill. I moved into my new home and it was very dirty and cold. I can overcome the dirt. The people in the house are actually great and I'm going to have an interesting time with them. But soon my credit cards were put on hold so I had to sort that out. Plus I dropped my phone in Sam's car and didn't realize it until he'd left Derry. So I had no phone to call anyone including the bank. There is a local hotel that I could access the internet but it is £1 for 10mins and 10 mins is not much time to get A LOT sorted out. The internet in my flat was not working at all for my housemates either and until I am registered at school I can't get online there either. I felt sort of stranded. I feel sort of stranded still. But God is proving faithful and provides.
This is a hard adjustment. A lot more than I thought.
Yesterday was the first day of school for the orientation and I really sort of felt sick when I was meeting with the people in the program. I feel like I am really far advanced in comparision to the work the past few years students have produced. And I am the only student who has worked professionally. I have to remember though that coming into this I considered school to only be 30% of my reason in Northern Ireland. I'm hoping that the slight isolation I'm feeling with the program will disappear as I really begin classes. I'm praying for guidance on it all.I know, I know, I know, God has placed me here for a reason, but I do find myself desiring to be in Coleraine and not Derry as Coleraine is where most of my friends are. But I need to live life where I am placed. I just feel like I am being really struck by opposition.
What has been amazing though is the community of Causeway Coast Vineyard. I was able to make it church on Sunday and I saw many old friends and met many new ones. I really felt alive walking through Coleraine and into the church. As I was able to chat with people, immediately help was being offered to me in ways I couldn't have expected. There are also a few families from CCV who live in Derry and last night was their weekly small group. I met with them and this group is immediately helping me feel settled. They are so eager to help in practical matters and spiritual. It's amazing to me that community can feel so disconnected and then connected at the same time.
God is whisphering truths to me everyday and is showing His spirit everywhere. But the struggle still abounds. This is a lot and it all sounds disjointed. I apologize. I don't know how to express my thoughts right now.
Please pray.
-Katie
2 comments:
Praying my friend. Love you dearly and praying feverently.
I love tea and can't stand coffee. NO Star Bucks in Ireland? :) Do you have a coffee pot in your living quarters? Thinking about Love Aunt Russa
Post a Comment