Saturday, April 20, 2013

Doing What I Am Meant To Do

Tuesday night I crawled into bed and it was almost midnight.  I had left my house about 8:45am to go to Encounter for my normal scheduled teaching session. We always know that Encounter can be unpredictable and anything can happen, but when I left to go there in the morning, I didn't expect to not come home from it until past 11pm. The day was one of the best I've had in a long time. Now, it is a few days later and I am still reeling. I feel like my lungs were filled with a fresh new air. Every part of the day I felt I was doing what I was and am meant to be doing.

I started by going to CCV for Encounter. Encounter School of Mission is a course I began last August and I believe it is one of the reasons that I was brought to Coleraine, Northern Ireland in the first place. The course is all about servant evangelism. We have a group teaching session on Tuesdays and then practical application on Thursdays. In the course, weekly we face huge risk of going into the streets to pray and minister to people. Some interaction is practical ways of washing windows, passing out muffins, and cleaning toilets, but we also ask God to direct us to people to pray with and when we find them we approach them, chat with them, and ask if we can pray and share God's love with them. Some days are great, and some are hard. The course has been a big catalyst for me in seeing God's love in such a new way. I've really grown to see and understand that what they Bible says we can do and should do (Luke 4:18-19, Matthew 28:19-20), we do really have the authority to do. I have seen people healed of crazy physical/emotional ailments; I've seen freedom come to those crushed by finances, depression or broken families. I have continuously gone into businesses to pray for them and when they were struggling financially in August are now experiencing a complete financial turn around.


The course has shown me a lot in my own life. Areas where I needed God's love and grace to come in, it has. I have seen that I am a princess and an heir of God, and with that I need not worry about tomorrow. I have seen that I can walk fully in the trust of God, that he doesn't want to tear me down and make me succumb to a harsh rule, but instead He is eager to bestow honor on me and that He wants to see me succeed in all I do whether its in the Church or design or family or anything- all is all.

This particular day at Encounter we had just been discussing how we keep the momentum we've gained throughout the year and how do we stay strong in the pursuit of God as we approach the end of the course and beyond. Some of it was repeat information, but the really significant part was at the end when were all praying for one another. I think about the room in Acts when the fire fell and the presence of God was so strong. It felt like this morning could have been like that.  People were just moving about the room praying for one another.  And it was so encouraging. I left knowing that the tools I need for anything, God has given me already. He's equipped me to take risk and that I am to reach for more. I left excited and ready for more.

Then I had a lunch meeting with a friend. He was helping me learn some video editing software. We sat and talked design and creativity and I just felt life pulsing through me. Design fuels me and it is my passion. Some friends joined us since we were sitting in a fairly busy coffee shop that is a regular hangout spot for all of Coleraine. They commented how it was interesting watching us both come alive in what we talked about. Our knowledge and skills were effectively being put to use. We finished up the meeting and moved into social time.

Our table was filled with 5-6 people and it was filled with laughter. Genuine conversation was happening. Everything felt good. Everything felt right. I am so blessed by these friends. For an hour and a half, the first guy from the meeting and myself sat there while the rest of the group kept changing. But eventually it was three men, together with me. These three were meant to go to a site for a video shoot and last minute invited me to join.

We were off on an adventure. We went to Murlough Bay, which I had another blog about. We walked all over this place that seemed like such a fairy tale. Part of the area is one of Ireland's few remaining ancient woodlands. There were petrified trees, ancient kilns, free roaming sheep, and all was overlooking the ocean. We all commented we felt like it could be the scenes of 'The Hobbit' or 'The Lord of the Rings'. I love exploration and I was in my element. I was with three guys but it didn't intimidate me. I sometimes was quicker to search things out than they were. But I was also with three guys who showed such honor that afternoon that I felt like I was the princess in the fairy tale protected by my guards. The thing is, I don't even think they were trying to do this, or aware that they did it, which is even better because it's natural for them.

The adventure turned into dinner were we continued to chat and talk. We talked of business and dreams. Something came alive in that dinner and it's exciting. I'm just saying the four of us make a good team and we've recognized it. Still with the first guy from the lunch meeting, we've been friends for almost three years now and had many conversations about creativity, and we commented to one another that perhaps things we've talked about more than two years ago was actually coming into reality.

There was still another meeting at 9pm that I was asked to go to give design and graphic advice on. I sat there with two of the afternoon guys and a new fellow, helping to plan a new project. In this meeting, I felt like I was back in a boardroom in Phoenix talking to clients about projects. My experience in the professional world was totally taking over with these three who've never been there. Again, there was unmistakeable pulse flowing through me that just excites me so much

Ah!!!!! By the time I got home I was utterly spent, but also exilerated. I know God has created me for so much. Bringing His kingdom to the streets of Coleraine and the UK is undoubtedly what I am called to do. Equally though, there is a pull towards graphics and creativity. It makes me eager to keep going full force into what is in-store for me. I've alway been prone to explore. Whether it's destinations, new skills, new friends or more of if it's exploration on my own or with others, I'm meant to me a part of it. This day had it all. It's a few days past since this happen, but I still feel the high of it all.

No comments: