Monday, April 8, 2013

Donegal Weekend Trip

A small glimpse of the beauty standing at one of the most northern points of the island.
Over our Easter Holiday break from Encounter, myself and seven friends took a wee trip to County Donegal, Ireland. It was an incredible place of beauty. I've heard in the whole time I've been here how gorgeous Donegal is but I'd really only driven through. Well after three days I would agree.

The eight of us loaded into three cars with all of our gear, and headed to a rented cottage near Fanad Head. We brought our own food and each had to cook only one meal for the rest of the group. We had no internet, an no phone connection. It was a great break.  We dandered about the beach which was only about a 5 minute walk out of our door. We enjoyed wine and a pint or two. We visited Fanad Head lighthouse (which made me think of the East Coast of the US), Portsalon, Carrickart, Downings and a few other places.

Here are some pictures from the trip




















No comments: